I've wanted to try this new recipe for holiday. Many places cooking but the version I used today came from oneperfectbite. It's a nice cake. I have other coffee cakes that I prefer, but I like to have something new in reserve for the folks who eat regularly at my table. I substituted mascarpone for the cream cheese and used my own freezer jam rather than a commercial product. I'll use cream cheese the next time I make this and I plan to increase the amount of jam from 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup. I think I'll also try blackberry or peach jam in place of the raspberry. This is not a particularly sweet cake, nor will it win any beauty contests. It's makes a nice light dessert and would work well as part of a brunch buffet. If I had to sum up the cake in a single word the word I'd select would be "nice." Not great, just nice. Here's the recipe for a nice cake.
Ingredients makes for Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (8 servings):
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- One egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- One egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
How to makes for Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (8 servings):
- Prepare a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is smooth. Remove One cup and set aside. To remaining crumbs, add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add sour cream, egg and almond extract; mix well. Spread in the bottom and Two in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg in a small bowl until blended. Pour over batter; spoon raspberry jam on top. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides from pan. Dust top with confectioners' sugar if desired. finish and enjoy.
Survivors try. many special Coffee Drinks to Coffee Lovers and Chicken Recipes.